B&W film Processing
BOOKING YOUR SESSION:
This comprehensive 3 hour Film Processing workshop is offered on the first Wednesday and first Saturday of each month. Starting time 9am.
Please email us with your date requirement.
This workshop is intended as a ‘see how it’s done’ as well as a ‘do it yourself’ activity. You are encouraged to bring along a 35mm-24 exposure or 120mm exposed undeveloped film, that will be processed by you as part of the workshop.
Who would benefit from this workshop:
- People with no previous practical processing or printing experience, including those, who might have seen darkroom work done but not had any hands-on engagement with it at any significant level.
- Those who may have done darkroom work some time ago and are seeking a refresh program to update them on the contemporary process.
What will you learn?
- How to safely work with chemicals, storing, preparation, disposal and safety.
- What equipment you need to develop black & white film. Tanks, spirals, measuring beakers.
- Loading your film into a spiral, ready for processing
- How to process black & white film. Preparing and processing your film. Temperatures, agitation, washing, and drying.
- How to store and care for your negatives
- How to evaluate your negatives