B&W film processing
Starting from $480
A comprehensive and personalised 3-hour Film Processing workshop, and introduction to the fascinating world of analog photography and the magic of Alchemy and the Dark Arts.
This workshop is intended as a ‘see how it’s done’ as well as a ‘do it yourself’ activity. You are encouraged to bring along a 35mm-24 exposure or 120mm exposed undeveloped film, that will be processed by you as part of the workshop.
Who would benefit from this workshop:
- People with no previous practical processing or printing experience, including those, who might have seen darkroom work done but not had any hands-on engagement with it at any significant level.
- Those who may have done darkroom work some time ago and are seeking a refresh program to update them on the contemporary process.
What will you learn?
- How to safely work with chemicals, storing, preparation, disposal and safety.
- What equipment you need to develop black & white film. Tanks, spirals, measuring beakers.
- Loading your film into a spiral, ready for processing
- How to process black & white film. Preparing and processing your film. Temperatures, agitation, washing, and drying.
- How to store and care for your negatives
- How to evaluate your negatives