postproduction with marcus bell
Who should attend?
Anyone wanting to take their photography postproduction to the next level. This workshop is ideal for both professionals and advanced amateur.
The workshop will be a mix of classroom based learning with live demonstrations using Adobe Lightroom Classic. Whilst having previous knowledge of Lightroom is recommended it’s not essential as the ideas and techniques will assist regardless of your preferred editing software.
On this highly practical day, Marcus will show you how he creates his award-winning images, and share his latest time-saving workflow techniques. You will leave with practical tools that are easy to implement in your own workflow, and receive a selection of Marcus’ own Lightroom settings including presets, masks, and brushes to get you started immediately. Most importantly, you will gain a greater understanding of how to draw on the techniques applied by classic artists throughout time to rethink your approach to photography and bring the stories in your images to life, creating your own unique style.
Topics of this workshop will include:
- Communicating a vision – how the techniques of Master painters apply to image making and post-production.
- Transferring the age-old art of Darkroom techniques and printing into the digital realm
- Storytelling techniques through the use of editing.
• Unlock the tools within your editing software to creatively edit your images.
• Working on an image from start to finish
- Post Production secrets to creating a remarkable final image.
- Workflows – tips and techniques to work with multiple or even hundreds of images at a time. Speed up your workflow to save time in front of the computer.
- Saving time – how to speed up your workflow and the different tools available, including Lightroom and AI options.
- Editing on the go using Tablet / Mobile Editing Programs – Lightroom, Capture One, Divinci
This is an informal and relaxed workshop atmosphere, so you might also get involved in impromptu discussions on related topics like RAW vs JPG or How many Megapixels is enough?
Included Resources: A workshop kit consisting of Lightroom resources such as Presets, Mask, and additional settings is included in the course to help you start your post-production work. You will also receive a guide to additional apps, resources, and aids to help further tailor and develop your post-production workflow.